Sunday, March 3, 2013

Chick Days


So here in North Georgia it is still chilly enough to have some snow flurries, but in the nursery it is toasty warm. The sound of new chickies means that Chick Days are here- my favorite time of the year.
We started out with 4, 2 Partridge Rocks and 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes. Several days later Jim and I took a short over-night trip to Blue Ridge. At each "chick" sign we stopped. Eventually finding 2 Buff Brahmas. Even they were 5 days behind and quite a bit smaller- they fit in well. The bigger ones seem like they are protecting the little ones whenever a ruckus is a foot.
I have taken to carrying "chick" boxes in my car, should another chick opportunity present itself- afterall Chick Days are here!

1 comment:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Congratulations!
Oh... this is exciting.
I know I will have to stay clear of the feed stores, now.
We've begin work on a safer and larger chicken run... and until it's complete, the joy of wee chicks will have to wait. I wish you all happy, healthy, lady chicks!!