Saturday, January 21, 2012



A few weeks ago my wonderfully frugal husband decided that buying some staples in bulk was a good idea. Flour for my bread making, sugar for jamming and rice. The flour and sugar went into bins no problem, but the rice was a new item and with nowhere to really store it, the bag sat on the counter. Not sure how many re-locations the parcel made, but eventually it was either the floor or a perpetual weight lifting session everytime I went to cook, bake or make a glass of tea.

Then it dawned on me~ jars. With countless empty jars waiting to be filled taking up space in the pantry, I figured why not fill them. It would keep the rice safe from varments not to mention a decent way to move portions from the pantry to the cupboard without a small crane.

Eventually canning will resume, but not to worry; with all the jars I get gifted from family and friends there's room enough for all.

1 comment:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

This reminds me... I need more rice, and probably more jars, which leads to my ultimate fantasy: more shelves!
Golly, I don't know if I'll ever have the sense and will to *leave Egypt!*
And, it's nice to *meet* you.